Choose the Right Mouthwash for Bad Breath
There’s no doubt about it, we’re living in a time where technology drives innovation, and it’s rapidly changing the way we live our lives every day. We have AI technology that orders groceries for us when we’re low, watches that tell us when our blood sugar levels are out-of-whack.
So, the question is, why are you still using the same outdated mouthwash products to treat bad breath, otherwise known as halitosis?
Causes of Bad Breath:
- Issues like failing to brush your teeth and not flossing. Brushing and flossing remove the remaining food particles from your teeth. If these food particles are left in your mouth, bacteria will feed on them. These bacteria produce strong odors, leaving you with bad breath.
- Plaque, a bacterial layer, also builds up on your teeth. To keep your mouth healthy, it must be removed by regular brushing, flossing, and mouthwash. These bacteria produce an odor that can also leave your breath smelling less-than-fresh.
- Eating foods that contain onion, garlic or any other powerful ingredients. It’s a simple fact, nobody likes having garlic breath, but it’s not permanent and has no adverse health risks.
Let’s get one thing straight, if you’re worried about how your breath smells, you’re not alone. Far from it, actually. Recent studies have shown that more than half of the adults in America are concerned they have chronic bad breath.
If that’s the case, you may be considering adding a mouthwash to your oral hygiene routine to improve your breath. Or you’re simply looking to change products in search of something that finally works.
The first question you might be asking: Does mouthwash for bad breath even work?
If you were to peruse the oral care aisle of any pharmacy or supercenter, you would see an exhausting amount of mouthwashes making numerous claims.
Some “get rid of bad breath,” some, “kill germs and strengthen teeth.”
Now, without a doubt, there are many different mouthwashes that might work for you. However, there’s a frightening amount of mouthwash products on the market that you should think twice about, because…
- Many rely on an overpowering mint flavor to mask bad breath.
- Others contain a high level of alcohol.
Be wary of mouthwashes that are full of alcohol. It’s clinically proven that alcohol dries out your mouth, which worsens bad breath. The saliva in our mouth is what combats bacteria. When any substance minimizes it, it makes it tougher for our mouth to maintain a healthy pH level. This can cause a bigger breath issue than before.
Mouthwashes that tout minty breath as a benefit may deliver on their promise for a short time, but as soon as the minty smell wears off, bad breath returns.
What most people don’t realize is bad breath is simply sulfur gas in the form of volatile sulfur compounds, known as VSCs.
VSCs are naturally occurring byproducts that result when bacteria in the mouth perform their primary function, to consume protein particles as part of the digestion process.
Since everyone has bacteria in their mouth, everyone has the potential for sulfur gas and bad breath. Bacteria is a necessary component in eating and digesting food and with it come VSCs.
A mouthwash’s effectiveness has always come down to its ingredients. Some strictly produce a fresh scent, others penetrate deeper to eliminate the germs causing the smell. By understanding the difference between them, you can choose the best mouthwash for bad breath and kiss yours goodbye.
So, what’s the right mouthwash product for me?
Well, it depends on what you’re trying to accomplish. In the past, there have been two different types of mouthwashes – cosmetic and therapeutic.
- Cosmetic mouthwashes disguise bad breath, rather than cure it. These mouthwashes typically contain mint flavoring that gives off a fresh smell, but they won’t kill the bacteria causing your bad breath.
- Therapeutic mouthwashes contain ingredients that do kill odorous bacteria. They fight plaque and can even whiten teeth. Therapeutic mouthwashes work by killing odor-causing bacteria, reducing plaque, and have been shown to be an effective way to reduce bacteria and control bad breath.
But, if you are adding a mouthwash to your daily oral hygiene routine, the best mouthwash for bad breath should offer much more than just a temporary minty-fresh taste. Bad breath protection should last all day long.
That’s where we suggest a newly added third mouthwash category to the oral healthcare industry. It all started when one dentist asked a groundbreaking question…
What if instead of focusing on bacteria, there was a way to stop the production of sulfur gas?
Dr. Marvin Cohen, a family dentist and halitosis expert, made it his mission to find a cure for bad breath. When he heard about the exciting new concept of zinc ion technology, and its ability to stop the production of sulfur gas, he knew he was on to something.
Instead of killing germs and bacteria, like ordinary mouthwashes, what if he could eliminate the production of sulfur gas altogether?
Well, the future of mouthwash is here, and it isn’t mouthwash – it’s SmartMouth.
SmartMouth works differently than any single-liquid mouthwash because our patented two-solution oral rinse stops and prevents sulfur gas, which is the real cause of bad breath.
When mixed together, SmartMouth’s two solutions, the Sulfur Eliminating* Solution, which destroys sulfur gases, and the zinc-rich Activating Solution, activate to release millions of zinc ions. This zinc ion technology blocks the germs’ ability to ingest protein particles, which stops sulfur gas production and the resulting bad breath.
No sulfur gas means no bad breath!
SmartMouth has two important solutions, that together, prevent bad breath:
- The Sulfur Eliminating Solution contains an odor eliminator which eliminates existing bad breath sulfur gases.
- The Activating Solution contains zinc, which activates when poured to stop bacteria from being able to consume protein, and therefore stopping the production of sulfur and bad breath gases for 12 hours per rinse.
When you mix the two solutions together, billions of zinc ions are released. This zinc-ion technology blocks the germs’ ability to ingest protein particles. No protein particles, no new sulfur gas production, which means no bad breath.
Rinsing with SmartMouth Oral Rinse eliminates bad breath sulfur gases and then prevents bad breath from coming back for 12 hours.
How is SmartMouth so effective?
SmartMouth offers a unique, dual-bottle delivery system that allows you to mix the key solutions right before you use them. This makes sure that SmartMouth is freshly activated every time you rinse.
Just two rinses a day gives you the confidence of fresh breath for a full 24 hours. SmartMouth doesn’t just mask bad breath, it stops it at the source.
SmartMouth is recommended by dentists and is the only activated oral rinse clinically proven to instantly eliminate bad breath and prevent bad breath from returning for 12 hours per rinse.
Prevention is the key to overcoming the problem of bad breath, and SmartMouth is the way to achieve real, lasting results.
Other than using SmartMouth, how can I prevent bad breath?
Ideally, mouthwash works best when combined with overall good oral hygiene practices such as brushing twice a day and flossing regularly. These two activities help get rid of food particles and bacteria and help fight plaque and gingivitis.
At SmartMouth, our goal is to get rid of bad breath forever. In addition to our Original Activated Oral Rinse, we also offer two other specialty formulas:
- Clinical DDS (Gum & Plaque)
- Dry Mouth with Moisture-Lock Technology™
All of our oral rinses eliminate* sulfur production and help protect soft oral tissue, making them an important part of your daily oral hygiene regimen. Rinse once in the morning for clean, fresh breath all day, and then rinse before bed and wake up without morning breath.
For a total oral care approach, SmartMouth makes it easy to never have bad breath. Our full-line of innovative oral hygiene products will help you address your specific oral health needs:
- Original Activated Breath Rinse
- Clinical DDS Activated Oral Rinse
- Dry Mouth Activated Oral Rinse
- Travel Packs
- Premium Toothpaste
- Dry Mouth Relief Mints
With SmartMouth’s line of advanced fresh breath products, you’ll never have bad breath again.
If you want a mouthwash that’s guaranteed to fight bad breath, try SmartMouth today.
*Results may vary. 24-hour bad breath protection results associated with twice daily use. SmartMouth products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. All SmartMouth products come with our guarantee that SmartMouth works exactly as described or your money back. Always consult your oral healthcare professional.